The safety of our patients, their families and our staff are our highest priority during the Covid-19 pandemic. Below is a list of the steps we are taking to ensure a safe environment.
- Temperature checking of any individual entering the building including staff, patients, families and interpreters.
- Staff are maintaining the highest standard of hand hygiene possible
- Staff will be wearing masks when they are in direct contact with patients and it is not possible to practice social distancing
- Disinfection of equipment between every patient
- Disinfection of high traffic areas and common touch points routinely throughout the day.
- Obeying NSW Health regulations in relation to the number of people allowed in a particular area, by directing people to wait in their cars until permitted to enter the building
- Removal of toys, books and magazines from the waiting area
- Covid Marshall rostered on busy days – ie a dedicated staff member responsible for ensuring all safety and infection protocols are being met.
- Telehealth consultations are available where it is not possible or safe for a face to face consultation to occur.
We would request you play your part in reducing the spread of potential infection by:
- Rescheduling your appointment if ANY of the following apply to you or a member of your household:
- Are required to self-isolate for any reason
- Are symptomatic for cold or flu symptoms
- Have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have Covid-19.
- Maximum of 2 adults to accompany the patient. NO SIBLINGS unless under 12 months of age AND remain confined to pram/ stroller.
- Attend your appointment promptly. We have spaced out appointments to observe limits in social distancing and being late impacts on our ability to adhere to NSW Health guidelines and may result in rescheduling of the appointment .
- Pay your account with card rather than cash
Follow all directions from staff in a respectful manner. Refusal to do so will result in cancellation of your appointment.